Did you know ladybugs are also sometimes called ladybirds or lady beetles? Try this quick and fun snack that kids will enjoy making—and eating!
- 2 red apples
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 8 thin pretzel sticks
- With an adult's help, slice apples in half from top to bottom and scoop out the core.
- Place each apple half facedown on a small plate. Carefully slice the half down the middle without making a complete cut—these halves are the wings.
- Dab dots of peanut butter on the back of the ladybug, and then press raisins onto the dabs for spots.
- Gently press two pretzel sticks into the apple make antennae.
- Put a little peanut butter on two raisins and stick them to the top of the antennae.