Building & Tracing Shadows
- Building blocks or other stackable toys
- Large sheets of paper
- Flashlight (optional)
- In front of a large window or other light source*, lay a blank sheet of paper.
- Have your child stack their blocks to make different shapes, so that the shadow is cast on the paper.
- Give them crayons to trace the shadow on the paper.
- Move the blocks around to create new shapes and shadows, and repeat!
*If it’s a rainy day or there’s not enough light, feel free to use a flashlight to make the shadows.