Cinnamon Painted Apple Plates
- Green and red craft paint
- White card stock
- Paintbrush or silicone marinade brush
- Paper plates
- Brown construction paper
- Glue or tape
- Pour green paint into a cup, bowl, or paper plate. Help your child coat their hand and then place it firmly on the card stock to create a handprint.
- Set handprint aside to dry.
- Pour red paint into a cup or bowl and mix in one or two teaspoons of cinnamon. Be careful not to add too much! Paint should not turn into paste.
- Give your child a paintbrush and let them paint the entire paper plate red.
- Use scissors to cut out the green handprint to use as a leaf.
- Use scissors to cut out a stem from brown construction paper.
- Use glue or tape to assemble all the pieces of the apple together. As the painted apple craft dries, the cinnamon will add texture and smell to create a fantastic sensory experience.
- Optional: Cut a “v” at the top and bottom to give more of a rounded apple shape (see photo).