Perfect for Valentine’s Day, this activity involves dropping candy conversation hearts and Alka-Seltzer tablets into a glass of sparkling water and watching them dance amidst the bubbles. It’s the perfect experiment to teach your kids about the science of carbon dioxide, or to simple have some fun with your candy hearts stockpile from Valentine’s Day!
- 1 clear drinking class
- 1 cup club soda or sparkling water
- 1 small handful candy conversation hearts
- 4 Alka-Seltzer tablets
- Fill a drinking glass with water or soda.
- Drop the conversation hearts and Alka-Seltzer tablets into the glass.
- Watch the hearts wriggle and dance up and down in the water!