Egg Carton Ants
- Cardboard egg carton
- Assorted tempera paint
- Sharp pencil
- 4 pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Cut a strip of three cups from the egg carton.
- Paint the cups whatever color you'd like, and let dry.
- Using a sharp pencil, poke two holes in the top of the first cup. From inside the cup, poke both ends of a pipe cleaner through the holes to make antennae (one end through each hole).
- Next, poke a hole on the sides of each cup (six holes per ant). Push a pipe cleaner through the holes in the first cup—these are the legs. Repeat with the second and third cup.
- Glue the googly eyes onto the ant's head.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for remaining ants.