Fruit Leather School Books
Celebrate back to school with these tasty after school treats!
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1/4 cup honey
- Powdered sugar
- 12 fruit leather strips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate on high for 25 seconds and then stir.
- Allow chocolate to cool to about 90˚F. (Tip: If you don't have a thermometer, test the temperature by putting a small drop on your lip. If the chocolate doesn't feel cool, allow it to sit a little longer.)
- Once chocolate has cooled, add the honey and stir until the mixture becomes thick. Pout the mixture on the countertop, and knead until shiny and smooth.
- Using a rolling pin dusted with powdered sugar, roll the chocolate mixture until it is 1/4-inch thick.
- Cut the chocolate into small rectangles the same width as the fruit leather strips.
- With the fruit leather strips sticky side up, placer one rectangle of the chocolate on the right side of the strip and fold the left side over while pushing down firmly.
- Wrap the books in plastic wrap, and place a baking sheet on top for an hour to ensure that the books hold together.