Make Your Own: Rock Candy
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- Food coloring
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, stir together sugar, corn syrup, and water over medium heat, letting the mixture cook to 300°F, or about 25 minutes.
- After the sugar mixture has reached 300°F, remove from heat. Add in a few drops of food coloring and stir vigorously.
- Quickly pour the hot sugar mixture onto the greased baking sheet. Let cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Tap on the baking sheet to release the sheet of candy. Dust both sides of the candy with powdered sugar. Carefully break the candy into small pieces and store in an airtight container.
TIP: Try adding a few drops of flavor extract—like cinnamon or lemon—to spice up your rock candy!