Painted Pet Rocks
A real pet requires a lot of care and attention—a rock pet, on the other hand, is easy peasy. Grab some rocks, paint, and your imagination and get started on your new pet rock collection!
- Clean, smooth rocks of varying sizes
- Colored tempura paints
- Craft glue
- Embellishments, such as googly eyes, sequins, stickers, or pompoms
- Paint a base color on each rock and let dry.
- Add spots, stripes, or whiskers—be creative! Let the paint fully dry before moving on to step 3.
- With an adult's help, carefully glue googly eyes and other frills to your rock pets and let dry.