Rice Crispy Maracas
- Rice crispy treats (store-bought or made according to package instructions)
- Mini chocolate candies
- Large pretzel rods
- Chocolate melts in various colors
- Edible embellishments, such as sprinkles
- Carefully use a rolling pin to flatten the rice crispy treats until they are about ¼-inch thick. Then cut out 6-by-6-inch squares of the rice crispy treats.
- Shape your maracas by using a muffin tin as a guide, creating a bowl with each rice crispy square.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of mini candies into each “maraca” bowl.
- Gently seal the maraca edges by pressing the ends together around one large pretzel rod, using melted chocolate as “glue” to hold the rice crispy treat and pretzel together.
- Time to decorate! Drizzle melted chocolate as decoration or use it to adhere sprinkles to your maracas.