Think outside the sandbox! Create a long-lasting keepsake (or gift!) with this simple, homemade sand clay recipe.
- 2 cups sand
- 1 1/2 cups plain, all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Small seashells (optional)
- Combine the sand, flour, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Slowly add the water, stirring with a large spoon until a dough forms.
- Take the dough ball out of the bowl and gently knead it into a ball on a lightly floured surface.
- Split the dough into four chunks and gently roll each portion into a circle on a large baking sheet, about 2 centimeters thick.
- Have you child gently press their hand into the center of the round dough, pushing each finger down firmly, then carefully lift their hand.
- If desired, embellish the outer edges of the disc with miniature seashells.
- To dry, bake the sand clay discs at 250°F for about four hours.
Creates four sand clay discs.