DIY aficionados of all ages will enjoy making this heart-shaped suncatcher, just in time for Valentine’s Day!
- Red or pink construction paper
- Wax paper
- Colored tissue paper (e.g., purple, pink, red, and white)
- Glue stick
- Glitter, sequins, or other flat embellishments
- Ribbon or string
- Create a heart-shaped frame out of construction paper by folding the sheet in half and cutting out a large heart and then a smaller heart out of the middle to make a window.
- Trace the heart onto a piece of wax paper and trim off the excess.
- Time to decorate! Glue pieces of colored tissue paper (either cut or torn by hand) onto the heart-shaped wax paper—it is okay for the pieces to overlap. Glue on any additional embellishments or glitter at this time.
- Carefully glue the heart-shaped frame on top of the decorated piece of wax paper.
- Poke a small hole at the top of the heart, tie a piece of string through the hole, and hang your Valentine suncatcher in a window.