Wind Pipe Instrument
Easily make music in your own home with the help of three common household materials! You and your child can experiment with music while blowing into this homemade wind pipe instrument to create different tones.
- 10 plastic straws
- Scotch tape
- Lay out 10-inch line of scotch tape with the sticky side up.
- Lay each straw over the tape, making sure that each straw is pushed up next to the previous, and that all straws are level.
- Once all ten straws are down, fasten the straws together with the tape.
- Cut one end of the straws diagonally to give the straws various lengths.
- Blow into the straight side, creating music as sounds change through each straw length.