Set your child up for a lifetime of learning! Playworks provides warm, attentive contract care for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and prekindergarten children, encouraging them to continuously learn and grow as individuals. Whether you have a newborn or a rambunctious preschooler, our program offers developmentally appropriate activities and personalized attention in a positive, playful environment.
Ready to begin the application process? Fill out an Educare enrollment inquiry form online.
Playworks uses creative curriculum from Teaching Strategies. Creative curriculum is rooted in educational philosophy and theory, as well as practice. The philosophy behind the curriculum is that young children learn best by doing. Creative curriculum has 36 learning objectives for development, which are fully aligned with the Minnesota Early Childhood Indicators of Progress, Minnesota’s Early Learning Standards, and also has an assessment with indicators based upon those kindergarten readiness skills and objectives. Creative curriculum is also a Parent Aware approved curriculum.
Playworks provides a warm, nurturing environment that encourages the intellectual, social, emotional, and physical development of each child.
- Respect, accept, and appreciate each child as an individual
- Maintain an environment free of biases, stereotypes, and prejudices
- Promote positive self-esteem through successful experiences
- Encourage each child’s independence, autonomy, and self-discipline
- Empower children to develop their capabilities and interests at their own pace and according to their individual needs
- Offer children the opportunity to learn by doing – from concrete hands-on experience to more abstract concept development
- Encourage children to think, reason, question, and experiment—fostering a lifelong desire to learn
- Provide a healthy, safe, secure, comfortable, enjoyable, and responsive environment
2 days/20 hours
- Infant $225
- Toddler $173
- Preschool $137
3 days/30 hours
- Infant $306
- Toddler $237
- Preschool $198
- Infant $384
- Toddler $306
- Preschool $266
Reduced rates are available for Community Members, SMSC Employees, and Team Members.
There will be a $75 early termination fee for withdrawal within the first six weeks of enrollment.